Raetihi Cosmopolitan Club Rules
Raetihi Cosmopolitan Club Inc. Rules Updated 20/11/19
- Membership: Subscriptions are to be paid annually when due. Late payment of Subscriptions after a period of 30 days, will result in that member being required to repeat the nomination process. Lending of your Club card for non-members use may result in suspension. When nominating a person for membership nominator plus seconder are required to be a financial member for 1 years prior. Nomination fees are non-refundable
- Dress Rule:Members & guests are required to be in clean & tidy dress with suitable footwear. This ruling applies on Friday evening at 7pm winter. (7.30 pm during daylight saving hours) and any other time that is deemed a special occasion. The wearing of hats within the Club is forbidden at all times except on special occasions as approved by committee.
- Membership Draws: Shall be on Thursday 6.30-7pm and Friday 6.30–7.30 Daylight savings 6-7pm during winter hours
- Smoking within the Club: is prohibited. Members to use designated areas.
- Reciprocal Visiting: rights do not apply to Clubs within 15km or members of another Club whom reside within 15km of this Club. Other Reciprocal visitors can sign in up to ten (10) visitors at one time.
- Guests: are required to be signed in and accompanied by a member at all times. Any member, other than Junior or Youth, is permitted to sign in visitors to the Club, however a maximum of ten (10) visitors at any one time is permitted and members signing in visitors will be held responsible and accountable for their guest’s conduct whilst on the Club premises. Any visiting person found to be signed in more than three (3) times over a two (2) month period will not be permitted entry and will be asked to become a member of the Club.
- Minors: Less than 18 years must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times and are not permitted in the gaming area.
- Private Functions: must be booked through the Manager. Private function on a Friday evening will be at the managers discretion.
- Raffles: (other than adjuncts) sold within the Club are to have prior committee approval and must be sold from an allocated area for not longer than 2 hours at any one time.
- Gaming Area: to remain closed whenever bar is closed.
- Gaming Machine grant applications: must be on the correct form provided and lodged with the secretary manager at the time given for presentation to the committee for consideration
- Offensive language/actions within the Club will not be tolerated
- All empty jugs, glasses, bottles are to be returned to bar, and all plates, dishes, and utensils to be returned to restaurant.
- The Duty Manager has the full backing of the Committee to refuse service to any person on the Club premises deemed to be troublesome or intoxicated and request them to leave.
- All rules, policies and misdemeanours: shall apply to all members and visitors of this Club.
- Members who commit offences under these rules render themselves liable for expulsion/suspension on the majority decision of the Committee and Manager.
- Appeal committee: comprises of 5 members, with no less than 3 in attendance when required. Any member whose name is recorded for a misdemeanour shall be written to and informed of the allegation and given the date of the meeting that committee shall be hearing the said allegation.
- Health & Safety: Identifying and reporting hazards are the responsibility of all staff, committee and members. A safe environment is crucial for our continued success. Hazards both physical and mental are regularly identified and managed by committee, management and staff. If a hazard is identified, please notify the management as soon as possible so that this can be minimised immediately. Employees are required to inform the manager of any stress related issues that are having an impact on their ability to perform their work. Any accident or incident must be recorded on the register. Children must have adult supervision at all times.
- The Committee reserve the right to change, update, or add to any of these rules. Members of the Club will be notified of any changes via notice boards within the Club or newsletter within fourteen days.
Use of the Lounge:
For functions by members is free of charge. Non-members fee is $50.00
Use of the Board Room:
Fee is $25.00
Sold within the Club are to have prior committee approval (other than adjuncts) and must be sold from an allocated area for not longer than 2 hours at any one time.
To remain closed whenever bar is closed.
Gaming Machine grant applications: must be on the correct form provided and lodged with the secretary manager at the time given for presentation to the committee for consideration.
The club will follow the CLUBSAFE responsible Gaming Policies.
All rules, policies and misdemeanors: shall apply to all members and visitors of this Club.